Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday Summary // Week 6

What I'm watching

We went to see Gravity on Wednesday at the IMAX and it was insane. It's only the second time I've seen a film on an IMAX screen, (I know... where have I been?) and I reckon for a first timer it was the best choice. The film itself was great, I kinda expected to walk in and watch 90 minutes of Sandra Bullock floating through space but I was surprised by how deep the plot got at points.
On the flip side we saw The Councillor too. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a little artsy or whatever but seriously, it was mind numbing. The language is too metaphorical and meaningful for you to take it in first time, so by the end I genuinely didn't know what half of it meant, and the plot is just predictable. If your into that kinda thing though Nick and I agreed that perhaps after a couple of viewings there might be this whole deeper meaning which we'd just completely missed.
If anyone fancies explaining it to me please do! 

What I'm listening to 

I don't know what's up with me at the moment, my usual music taste is gone and instead has been replaced by 80's rock stars! Last week I was lindyhopping along with Cliff whilst this week I'm busting my lungs to Meatloaf.
What. A. Guy.
I found a CD in my car and so kindly introduced Nick to him on the way to the Trafford. I think he enjoyed it... my singing not so much.

What I'm reading

Okay so I'm not reading it... but I bought my boyfriend the A Game of Thrones graphic novel for Christmas and it is KILLING me not sitting on my arse and reading the whole thing cover to cover! It is amazing. I'm just sorry that I didn't buy the whole series. I keep picking it up and opening it at random pages as if that's going to help my burning desire for its words. 
It's not.

What I'm craving

Jones' Berry Lemonade Soda. For those of you who haven't heard of it, its this American pop which is just AMAZING. Basically, if the Gods made drink... this would be it. The bottles are decorated with the public's photography and inside the lid there's this little inspirational message which is so awesome. I still have about three in my car! 
They also do a Cream Soda which is so scrummy. If your a Mancunian the sweetie shop in Afflecks Palace sell it or you can buy it offline..

What I'm lusting after 


What I'm buying 

I've been Christmas shopping and I'm almost all done! I have a few more bits to pick up for Nick, I need to get my sister's dolly a dress and my brother a little something - though he'll probably just want Microsoft points... party on! 
Feeling wonderfully organised for once, I'll be done before December! 

What I'm wishing 

That this hideous cold would just fly away! //  Snow, snow and more snow! C'mon Mother Nature... Provide the white stuff! // The flat would clean itself, cannot be fussed today! // For a giant windfall - Mountains of cash would be brilliant right now // For the willpower to stop smoking - Shout at me, tell me I'll die, work out how much richer I'll be without the ciggys - I need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment