Thursday 25 July 2013

First post!

Wow, writing my first ever blog post seems like such a daunting task! But deep breathe, here goes...
I've been thinking about starting a fashion blog for a while now. My shopping addiction is way past what some people would call ‘normal’, though I personally think it’s brilliant. I've been posting my daily looks on a site called lookbook for a little while now.
Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s an amazing site! It’s so easy to use, full of inspiring photographs from people all around the world and I’d recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat! Only thing is it’s quite limited to what you can post. Although it’s amazing for getting your style out there, (anyone who isn't already a member, I would strongly recommend you sign up), it doesn't really facilitate for the long winded ramblings I intend to share with you all… lucky you! 
So voilĂ ! The Ladybug Chronicles was born!

I suppose I should say a little something about my style... 
I love vintage pieces and I love a good bargain. I can't see the logic in spending a million on something that will be out of style in a few months when you can find amazing pieces nowadays on the high street dead cheap. Suppose I'm just a tight wad! I also get bored of clothes really easily, I’ll wear most things a handful of times then they’ll never see the light of day again.
I'll admit my eBay addiction is getting slightly out of hand, but it’s like taking Bruce Bogtrotter to Willy Wonker's factory, I just can't control myself! It’s such an amazing treasure trove of vintage, designer and high street, where you can pick up some awesome bargains. All you got to do is dig around a bit!

I also bought a sewing machine recently and I won't lie, I'm getting quite impressive with what I can knock up! 
I love making clothing for myself because there is no limit to what I can create, well… I like to think so. I do get slightly ambitious sometimes and wind up with some oddly fitting mess of fabric in the back of my wardrobe, but if I don't give it a go I'll never get there! I like the idea that if I make myself something, nobody else will ever own the same, it’s completely unique to me. Another advantage is that, (generally), the finished piece will fit really well as it’s been made to my measurements. No saggy bums or short arms here! I intend to share my projects with you guys too so watch this space! 


And me? 
I'm an English and Creative Writing student living in Manchester, UK. I'm terrified of butterflies and I love the rain. On my twelfth birthday I cried for HOURS because I didn't receive my Hogwarts letter. My Mum thinks I'm crazy, she’s probably right...

Ria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment